WHAT we do
Among the many year-round activities in which Friends engage are:
- Annual Dinner Meeting with interesting keynote speakers
- Book Sales, gift baskets and other fundraisers .
- Advocating for the library with state and local elected officials
- Sponsoring author and arts-related programs at the library
- Providing a newsletter three times each year reporting on library events, services and programs, plus other items of interest to library lovers
- Hosting and providing refreshments for special library events.
- And more – all in the spirit and enjoyment of Friends with similar interests.
WHO we are
The Friends of the Library began in 1984. During its early years, members worked behind the scenes to promote the library in the community. After the Library moved to its current location in 1992, the Friends became more active providing funding for special projects, programs, & equipment. In 2001, the Friends raised the money to buy “Books and Beyond,” the High Point Public Library’s mobile library, and when the library expanded and renovated in 2010, the Friends provided significant funding for new furnishings.
As an association of persons interested in the High Point Public Library, the purposes of the Friends are to focus attention on the library, stimulate its use, support the development of services and programs for the community, and encourage financial contributions.
Currently, there are several hundred individuals who make up the membership of the Friends. If you would like to join this important and vital community group, stop by the customer service desk and complete an application. The Friends would welcome adding your name to those who support the High Point Public Library.